We winded down our last day by taking a boat tour around Stockholm! There was a Swedish flag waving behind the boat and we were able to get the best seats in the very back.
All throughout Scandinavia, pride flags waved high above apartment complexes, in front of shops and restaurants, and were included in art installations. It was wonderful to see! There were many more, Eli Goodwin
We've been working in the darkroom for a few weeks now and have all grown accustomed to the process of developing photographs. Below are some photos I took with the red lighting in the darkroom. One fun fact about darkroom photography! Red light is the only light we can use to see in the developing process because it doesn't overexpose or ruin the light sensitive paper we develop our photos on. Without it, we'd be forced to work completely in the dark, which is how we have to prepare our rolls of film before developing. Also, it takes a minimum of fifteen minutes to develop a single sheet if you're not developing two or three simultaneously. Developing more than one sheet at a time can be tricky since the chemicals we use are extremely time-sensitive, and the paper is very expensive, so mistakes are costly. With only four prints on average per hour, it's hard to not have a deep respect for those who develop their photo...
It almost doesn't seem real , this feeling that's been coursing through my veins since my passport first arrived in the mail nearly a month ago. The arrival of my passport was the last thing keeping me from going on this trip to Scandinavia, and after receiving it, everything suddenly felt so real. A combination of excitement and trepidation about leaving my country for the first time has made its home within my gut and will take a while to shake, I believe. But now, nothing can stop me and my compatriots from exploring Europe and seeing what it has to offer, as well as seeing what we can offer it in return. This is the opportunity of a lifetime, and I plan to make the most of it while visiting Germany, Sweden, Denmark, and Norway. I want to completely immerse myself in the cultures of each country and learn everything I can with the time I have, and maybe give others some insight into American culture along the way! I will be using this blog to document my experiences, so I h...
Comments
Post a Comment